Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 60 Gr of whole dried morels - On sale here -
- Soft butter
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- sweet paprika powder
- Salt and pepper from the mill
1. In a container, rehydrate the morels in lukewarm water for 1h30, stirring them from time to time, drain them delicately and cut all your morels in half.
2. In a small dish, mix one cup of white wheat flour with half a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of pepper, half a teaspoon of teaspoon of garlic powder and half a teaspoon of onion powder. Mix everything well.
3. Roll your morels, small quantity by small quantity, in your dish and soak them all well with flour, shake off the excess and reserve your morels.
4. Melt 100g of butter in a frying pan or frying pan over medium heat, and cook the morels until they are golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Don’t hesitate to cook them a little at a time or share them in several pans.
5. After removing the heat, place your morels in plates or dishes covered with absorbent paper and also gently pat them dry with absorbent paper from above.
6. Arrange the morels in a dish or on several plates and sprinkle them lightly with powdered sweet paprika, you can add a little salt if you find it 'seasoning too just.
6. These “fried” morels are ideal as an aperitif accompanied by a good cold beer or as a starter accompanied by seasonal vegetables .